Scientists at the University of California, Davis are conducting a research study to learn more about the health effects of drinking sugar-sweetened beverages compared with naturally-sweetened beverages.
Who can participate?
We are looking for healthy men and women who are between the ages 18-50 years old, with a BMI between the range of 20-35 kg/m2 and are non-smokers who:
- Are willing to consume our study diet (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack) each day for approximately 6 weeks
- Are willing to drink 3 sweetened beverages per day for approximately 4 weeks
- Are willing to pick up study supplies 2 times per week at Ragle Human Research Center at UC Davis, CA
- Are willing to spend two sessions ( (14 hours each) at the Touro University Metabolic Research Center (TMRC) in Vallejo, CA (transportation from Davis offered by staff) for experimental procedures
Participants will receive compensation upon study completion. There will be no compensation for participation in screening or consenting procedures.
- Davis, California (University of California, Davis)
- Vallejo, California (Touro University)
For more information: call (916) 296-2100 or use the online form to contact a study coordinator.