We are looking for interested participants to volunteer to participate in a 4 week research study that will investigate the beneficial effects of supplementation with a plant polyphenol blend rich in anthocyanins on parameters of inflammation and metabolic responses following a challenge with a Western style diet meal.
To qualify for this study you must be:
- Healthy men and women
- 18-35 years of age
- Weighing more than 110 pounds (and a BMI between 21 to 29.9 kg/m2)
- Be willing to come in for one study visit lasting 1 hour and two study visits lasting about 6 hours each
- Be willing to eat high-fat meal and provide blood samples
- Having no known allergies to bilberries, black currants, or rice
- Be willing to stop all supplement use prior to and throughout the study period
Participants will receive:
- Participants will receive $200 for completion of all study visits
- Ragle Human Nutrition Research Center, Academic Surge, UC Davis
For more information: call (530) 752-9262 or use the online form to contact a study coordinator.