Information about the Effects of Sucrose-Sweetened Beverage in African-American and Caucasian Women Study is given below.
People Are Consuming More Sugar
Scientists at the University of California, Davis are conducting a research study to determine what the effects of drinking 3 sugar-sweetened beverages each day has on a person´s metabolism.
We need healthy non-hispanic White and African-American women, ages 18-45, BMI range 25-35, who:
- Are willing to drink 3 sweetened beverages each day for approximately 15 days
- Are non-smokers and not taking thyroid, lipid-lowering, diabetes, depression or blood pressure medications
- Have extra time to devote to helping us answer this important question
Participation in this study requires a significant time commitment:
- The entire study lasts approximately 17 days, with experimental testing days lasting approximately 16 days.
- For portions of the study you will need to visit at Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC) Clinical Research Center (CCRC) located at UC Davis Medical Center. Two 4-hour visits at the beginning of the study
- Two 4-hour visits at the end of the study
- You will be compensated approximately $300 for completing the study.
- Consent form & detailed description of study
- Directions to the Clinical Research Center at the Sacramento UCDMC Hospital located at the Cypress Building
- Directions to the Ragle Facility
- Menus served at the Clinical Research Center/during study
For more information: call (916) 296-2100 or use the online form to contact a study coordinator.